Long COVID, a condition affecting individuals who continue to experience symptoms weeks or even months after recovering from the acute phase of COVID-19, has left many searching for effective relief. At Regenerative Medicine LA, under the expert guidance of Dr. Mark Ghalili, we have witnessed remarkable results in our patients through regenerative IV protocols, combining peptides, IV therapy, supplements, and spike protein detox. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll delve into how supplements can play a pivotal role in alleviating Long COVID symptoms and complementing regenerative therapies.
Long Covid Supplements
Natural Treatments and Supplements for Long Covid
Our patient suffered with long covid for years until she received regenerative therapy at our practice with our board certified medical provider. Within 30 days her long covid symptoms have completely resolved and she is back to living a normal life.
Evidence and Patient Testimonials
When faced with a challenging condition like Long COVID, hearing about real-life success stories can provide hope and inspiration. Our patients at Regenerative Medicine LA have experienced significant relief through our regenerative program. Many have graciously shared their testimonials, and we encourage you to watch their videos to identify with similar symptoms. These testimonials underscore the holistic approach of our program, which combines regenerative therapies, dietary changes, and supplements to achieve lasting results.
Holistic Approach to Long COVID Relief
To effectively combat Long COVID, a holistic approach is essential. Our program at Regenerative Medicine LA emphasizes the following components:
A. Regenerative Therapies: Under the guidance of Dr. Mark Ghalili, we utilize regenerative IV protocols that incorporate peptides, IV therapy, supplements, and spike protein detox to promote healing and symptom relief.
B. Dietary Changes: An anti-inflammatory diet plays a crucial role in Long COVID recovery. We recommend avoiding seed oils like canola, soybean, and vegetable oils, as these can exacerbate inflammation.
C. Herbal and Supplement Support: Integrating herbs and supplements into your daily routine can address specific deficiencies and alleviate symptoms. Let’s explore how supplements can help in more detail.
How Supplements May Alleviate Long COVID Symptoms
Supplements offer a multifaceted approach to Long COVID symptom relief, addressing various aspects of the condition. Here are some ways in which supplements can make a significant difference in your recovery journey:
- Immune Support: Long COVID patients often experience weakened immune systems. Certain supplements, such as vitamin C, vitamin D, zinc, quercetin, colostrum and lactoferrin, are known for their immune-boosting properties. These supplements can help strengthen your body’s defenses, making it more effective at fending off infections and aiding in a quicker recovery.
- Addressing Nutritional Deficiencies: Nutrient deficiencies are common among Long COVID patients due to reduced appetite or absorption issues. Supplements can bridge these nutrient gaps and support overall health. For example, omega-3 fatty acids, multivitamins, and probiotics can provide essential nutrients that your body may be lacking during recovery.
- Reducing Inflammation: Chronic inflammation is a hallmark of Long COVID and can lead to discomfort and worsen symptoms. Anti-inflammatory supplements like curcumin (found in turmeric), fish oil, and quercetin can play a vital role in mitigating this inflammation. These supplements can help alleviate pain, swelling, and overall discomfort associated with Long COVID.
- Boosting Energy and Vitality: Fatigue is one of the most common and debilitating symptoms of Long COVID. Supplements like coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), acetyl-L-carnitine (ALC), and B-complex vitamins can help improve energy levels. These supplements support cellular energy production, allowing you to regain vitality and combat the persistent tiredness that often accompanies Long COVID.
- Supporting Respiratory Health: Long COVID can affect the respiratory system, causing breathing difficulties and chest discomfort. Supplements such as N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) and quercetin have shown promise in supporting lung health. NAC, in particular, can help thin mucus and reduce coughing, while quercetin has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that benefit the respiratory system.
It’s important to note that supplement choices should be made in consultation with a healthcare professional who can assess your individual needs and recommend the most suitable options. Additionally, supplements should be used as part of a holistic approach to Long COVID recovery, which may include other treatments and lifestyle adjustments. Reach out to Dr. Mark Ghalili to start your personalized long covid recovery journey!
Specific Supplements for COVID Long Haulers
Let’s take a closer look at specific supplements that have shown promise in supporting Long COVID recovery:
- Nattokinase: Nattokinase is an enzyme derived from natto, a traditional Japanese fermented soybean dish. It is known for its potential to improve circulation and reduce inflammation, which can be beneficial for Long COVID patients.Nattokinase works by breaking down fibrin, a protein involved in blood clot formation. By reducing excessive fibrin buildup, nattokinase helps improve blood flow and circulation. This enhanced circulation can aid in delivering oxygen and essential nutrients to cells throughout the body, potentially benefiting those experiencing fatigue and muscle pain due to Long COVID.Additionally, nattokinase’s anti-inflammatory properties may help alleviate inflammation, which is a common symptom of Long COVID. By reducing inflammation, it can contribute to overall comfort and well-being during recovery.
- NAD (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide): NAD is a coenzyme involved in various cellular processes, including energy production and DNA repair. It plays a critical role in maintaining the health and function of cells, making it relevant for Long COVID relief.NAD works by participating in metabolic reactions that convert nutrients into energy. For Long COVID patients experiencing fatigue, NAD IV supplementation may support cellular energy production, potentially leading to increased vitality.Furthermore, NAD is involved in DNA repair mechanisms, which are crucial for cellular recovery and regeneration. This coenzyme may help the body repair damaged tissues and cells, aiding in the healing process that Long COVID patients often require.
- Niacin (Vitamin B3): Niacin, also known as vitamin B3, is a water-soluble vitamin with various roles in metabolism and overall well-being.Niacin works by participating in enzymatic reactions that help convert food into energy. As a B-vitamin, it plays a crucial role in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. For Long COVID patients dealing with fatigue and nutritional deficiencies, niacin supplementation can contribute to improved energy levels and overall health.Additionally, niacin has been studied for its potential to support cardiovascular health by increasing high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, often referred to as “good” cholesterol. This cardiovascular benefit may be relevant for individuals with Long COVID, as they may face increased cardiovascular risks.
- PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline Quinone): PQQ is a compound with antioxidant properties that may support mitochondrial health.PQQ works by promoting mitochondrial biogenesis, which is the process of generating new mitochondria within cells. Mitochondria are the cellular powerhouses responsible for producing energy. Long COVID patients experiencing fatigue and reduced energy levels may benefit from PQQ supplementation, as it can enhance mitochondrial function and potentially improve overall vitality.Furthermore, PQQ’s antioxidant properties help protect cells from oxidative stress, which is important for cellular health and recovery. By reducing oxidative damage, PQQ may contribute to Long COVID relief and the restoration of cellular function.
- CoQ10 (Coenzyme Q10): CoQ10 is an essential coenzyme for energy production in cells and plays a role in overall cardiovascular health.CoQ10 works by facilitating the electron transport chain, a critical step in the production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the primary energy currency of cells. Long COVID patients may experience low energy levels, and CoQ10 supplementation can enhance ATP production, potentially leading to increased energy and vitality.Additionally, CoQ10 has antioxidant properties that help protect cells from oxidative damage. This antioxidant effect may contribute to overall cellular health and support the body’s recovery process.
Supplements for Long Covid: A Complementary Approach to Regenerative Medicine
Combining regenerative medicine with supplements forms a powerful and complementary approach to Long COVID relief. These two modalities can work synergistically to enhance the healing process, providing you with the best chances of recovery.
At Regenerative Medicine LA, we understand the challenges that Long COVID presents, and we are committed to offering a holistic approach that sets us apart. Our unique blend of regenerative medicine and targeted supplements for long covid has yielded transformative results for our patients, inspiring hope and renewed vitality.
We’ve witnessed countless success stories, where individuals once burdened by Long COVID symptoms found relief and recovery through our comprehensive program. These remarkable journeys underscore the power of our approach, combining cutting-edge regenerative therapies, dietary guidance, and tailored supplement regimens. Our patients have not only regained their health but also their confidence in a brighter, healthier future.
Post COVID Fatigue Treatment Supplements
Fatigue is a persistent and often debilitating symptom experienced by many individuals after recovering from COVID-19, commonly referred to as “post-COVID fatigue.” This ongoing exhaustion can significantly impact daily life and hinder the return to normal activities. While rest and gradual physical activity are essential, certain supplements may play a role in combating post-COVID fatigue and supporting your recovery journey. These supplements include:
- BPC 157: Regen Labs FlexMax contains high doses of BPC 157 per serving which is the ultimate recovery and healing peptide to rebuild the body after long covid. More information including a scientific fact sheet about FlexMax containing Body Protective Compound 157 can be found here.
- Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10): CoQ10 is a crucial component of cellular energy production. It supports mitochondrial function, which is vital for energy generation within cells. Supplementing with CoQ10 may help combat the fatigue often associated with post-COVID recovery by enhancing cellular energy production.
- L-Carnitine: L-Carnitine is an amino acid that plays a role in energy metabolism. It helps transport fatty acids into the mitochondria, where they can be converted into energy. L-Carnitine supplementation may improve energy levels and reduce fatigue during the recovery period.
- B Vitamins: B vitamins, particularly B12 and B6, are essential for energy metabolism and overall vitality. A deficiency in these vitamins can contribute to fatigue. Taking a B-complex supplement can help replenish these nutrients and support energy production.
- Rhodiola Rosea: Rhodiola is an adaptogenic herb known for its potential to combat fatigue and boost stamina. It may help improve physical and mental performance, making it a valuable supplement for post-COVID fatigue.
- NeuroDrive: NeuroDrive is a staple treatment for those suffering with long covid brain fog and memory impairments. A custom blend of nootropics developed by Dr. Ghalili includes bacopa, trans-ferulic acid, rhodiola, centrophenoxine, Phosphatidylserine, Tyrosine and more. Read more about NeuroDrive here.
Managing Stress and Improving Sleep for Long COVID Relief
Stress management and quality sleep are vital for Long COVID recovery. To alleviate stress, try mindfulness meditation, yoga, journaling, and seek social support. Supplements like magnesium, ashwagandha, L-theanine, valerian root, GABA, Rhodiola rosea, and adaptogenic herbs can complement your stress reduction efforts.
To enhance sleep quality, establish a bedtime routine, limit screen time, practice relaxation techniques, and avoid stimulants like caffeine and nicotine. Create a sleep-friendly environment and consider supplements such as melatonin, magnesium, chamomile, valerian root, and passionflower. Consult with Dr. Ghalili to begin incorporating supplements into your holistic relief plan for improved relaxation, anxiety reduction, and better sleep quality. Combined with the suggested natural supplements for long covid, these factors are essential for your healing and overall well-being.
Inquire About Long Covid Supplements Through Regenerative Medicine LA
Long COVID presents unique challenges, but there is hope for relief and recovery through a holistic approach that combines regenerative medicine and supplements. At Regenerative Medicine LA, we’ve witnessed the transformative power of this combination in our patients’ lives. If you’re searching for effective solutions to Long COVID symptoms, consider exploring our regenerative program under the expert guidance of Dr. Mark Ghalili. Your journey to healing and renewed vitality may be closer than you think. Don’t hesitate to reach out and take the first step toward a brighter, healthier future.
If you’re searching for effective solutions to Long COVID symptoms, consider taking the first step toward your own success story. Contact us today to learn more about supplements for long covid, our holistic approach, and more. Schedule a consultation with our expert team, and embark on your journey to lasting relief and renewed vitality. Your path to recovery begins here at Regenerative Medicine LA.
Frequently Asked Questions
Post-COVID symptoms can vary widely, but some supplements may help alleviate lingering effects. Vitamin D, zinc, and omega-3 fatty acids are often recommended to support immune function and reduce inflammation. Additionally, antioxidants like vitamin C and glutathione can aid in tissue repair and recovery. Consulting with a healthcare provider for personalized recommendations based on individual symptoms is advisable.
COVID-related brain fog can be challenging, but certain supplements may offer support. Omega-3 fatty acids, particularly DHA and EPA, are believed to promote brain health and cognitive function. Acetyl-L-carnitine and alpha-lipoic acid may also help improve mental clarity and focus. Additionally, ensuring adequate intake of vitamins B6, B12, and folate is essential for optimal brain function.
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is an antioxidant that plays a crucial role in cellular energy production and mitochondrial function. Taking CoQ10 supplements may help support heart health, boost energy levels, and enhance overall vitality. Additionally, CoQ10 has antioxidant properties that protect cells from oxidative damage and may help reduce inflammation.
Boosting energy levels after COVID involves a multifaceted approach. Adequate rest, hydration, and nutrition are essential, along with gentle exercise and stress management techniques. Supplementing with nutrients like CoQ10, vitamin D, and B vitamins can help replenish depleted stores and support energy production at the cellular level.
COVID infection can potentially deplete vitamin B12 levels due to various factors, including reduced nutrient absorption, increased metabolic demands, and inflammation. Vitamin B12 deficiency can contribute to fatigue, weakness, and neurological symptoms, making it important to monitor and address B12 levels in post-COVID patients.
N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) has shown promise in managing certain symptoms associated with long COVID, such as respiratory issues and oxidative stress. NAC acts as a precursor to glutathione, a powerful antioxidant that helps protect cells from damage. However, further research is needed to fully understand NAC’s efficacy and safety in long COVID treatment.
N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) is generally well-tolerated, but some individuals may experience minor side effects such as nausea, vomiting, or abdominal discomfort. In rare cases, allergic reactions or respiratory symptoms may occur. It’s important to consult with a healthcare provider before starting NAC supplementation, especially if you have pre-existing medical conditions or are taking other medications.
N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) is a dietary supplement derived from the amino acid cysteine. It serves as a precursor to glutathione, a potent antioxidant that helps neutralize free radicals and protect cells from oxidative damage. NAC is commonly used to support respiratory health, liver function, and detoxification processes. Additionally, it may have applications in managing certain medical conditions, including acetaminophen overdose, long covid, and psychiatric disorders.