For years, hair loss was thought to be mostly a men’s problem, yet 40% of all hair loss patients are women. Your hair growth can be restored with cells and other natural treatments provided by Mark Ghalili, DO, at Regenerative Medicine LA. To learn how the best hair restoration in Los Angeles can promote hair growth, call the office or book an appointment online.
What causes hair loss?
Hair follicles cycle through stages of growth and rest. When the follicle enters a resting phase, the existing hair falls out. Before long, the follicle returns to a growth phase and a new hair replaces the lost hair. Many problems can affect the hair follicle, interfere with the growth cycle, and cause hair loss. Emotional stress, medications, nutrient deficiencies, significant weight loss, and at least 30 medical conditions are known to cause hair loss. However, the most common reason for balding is androgenetic alopecia.
What is androgenetic alopecia?
Androgenetic alopecia, also called male- and female-pattern baldness, is an inherited condition that makes hair follicles more sensitive to the hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT). As a result, DHT shortens the growth phase, which makes hairs grow shorter and thinner. Over time, they stop growing completely. When women develop androgenetic alopecia, they experience diffuse hair thinning all over their scalp. In men, hair loss due to DHT causes distinct balding patterns. Men start losing hair at their temples (called a receding hairline) and on the top of their head. Then the hair loss progresses to include their entire scalp except for a ring of hair along the bottom of the hairline.
How does cell therapy promote natural hair growth?
- Cells have the ability to continuously self-renew and develop the specific cells your body needs to repair and regenerate. They also release a variety of chemicals that promote cellular growth and healing.
- When Dr. Ghalili injects a concentrated amount of cells into balding areas of your scalp, the cells can stimulate the follicle to grow new hair.
- Studies show that treatment with cells leads to more hair growth and an increase in hair diameter. Your new hair growth is also strong and resistant to the hair pull test used to evaluate hair loss.
What is the StemRegen™ Hair Growth Program?
- Cell Therapy
- Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP)
- Hair Growth Support IV Formula
- LED Light Therapy
- Supplement Support
- Nutritional Support
- Hair Growth Serum (At Home Use)
With this cutting-edge program, Dr. Ghalili offers the full range of natural treatments for hair loss in one comprehensive treatment plan. To learn whether you can regenerate your hair growth using the finest procedures of hair restoration Los Angeles has to offer, call Regenerative Medicine LA or book a consultation online.